Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's been a little over a year now...

I left sunny California and went back to Germany.
So crazy. In some ways it feels like it's been forever. Very strange feeling.
Everything is different over here. I can't really name it. I guess one has to experience this for themselves...
Classes still go till mid of July and the exams will last another month!- Nice. (not!!)
I'm thinking about my summer time a lot. Maybe I'll make it to Berlin eventually. We'll see.
One thing's for sure though: I'll spend my September in CA again :D
I can't wait.... where's the fast forward button when we need it?? The rewind one is also fine with me.
Seriously.

Uk well it's been another long awesome weekend. It started with my friend's B-Day-party Saturday. Sunday my sis, my friend T and me went home to my parents and stayed there till Tuesday.
We went to pick strawberries. Very delicious. I couldn't help myself eating half of the ones I picked :P
And later on BBQ at my grandma's. My aunt and cousins came too. The have the most amazing backyard. It's like this fairytale garden full of blooming flowers and animals running around. The kids were playing with the baby chicks and baby geese. So cute. The babies were just following my cousins everywhere.
Also my mum, T and me went to this lovely little town in the Netherlands. T has never been there before. So we had her try all the different dutch foods we think are typical for this area.
We went to this sweet shop called 'Jamin'. There you can just choose whatever you want and in the end you weigh it and pay. The licorice is the best. And some other things as well.
Then quick stop at the dutch Aldi ( a grocery store). There we bought some food and stuff.
I love their Vanille Vla which is this type of pudding. If you go there you should try it. Some really like the choclate one. ANd for those who can't decide ther's always the dubble vla ;)
Speaking of I should have some later ;)

Y-day I had some classes in the morning and my afternoon ones were cancelled. I didn't really mind ;)
In the afternoon till late at night there was this thing on Campus. They had a stage and food and beer and whatnot. Also some bands performed on a stage. It was all open air in the middle of Campus, the grass area part. Just check out the video & the pics and see for yourself ;)









Even though it rained earlier that day y-day night was perfect. There will be another party tomorrow night at the same location. It's called "Beach-party". Funny thing though there is no sand on Campus. But well that won't be an obstacle. Apparently they are going to get some sand for some areas at least. Shall be fun. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Pick, weigh and pay: That's the way to do in Sweden. Obviously the best way ! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, same as in the Netherlands ^^
    We actually have that in Germany too, but it's expensive and we don't have all the awesome licorice ones that the dutch offer ;)

    ReplyDelete