Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No egg hunt this year, but still a typical Easter

My Easter wish has been granted:
beautiful weather for the long weekend. Awesome ^^
On top of that I had lots of family downtime. Nice!

Our family's easter tradition:
Easter Sunday we always have a big family breakfast at either my aunt's or my mum's. This year my aunt was our host.
It was quite warm, therefore the table was set in her backyard. She served all kinds of food and eggs in all its varietys: cooked, scrambled, sunny-side up...

Afterwards we sat down in another corner of the backyard: talking and enjoying the beautiful weather with chilled drinks and ice-cream...
I played with my little cousin: jumping on the trampolin, soccer, and what not... It was so much fun and a good workout at the same time ;)
Gosh how that reminds me of my Au Pair time, and of how much I miss my kids!! (Well well, I can't wait for September to come, that's when I'll see them again :D)

Last year's Easter:
A.'s hostfamily invited me to their easter dinner (as my family is jewish ;) ).
It was pretty awesome. They are such lovely family.
They also had an Easter tradition: an 'egg-cracking-contest' (that's how I'd describe it at least). I loved that part. So fun and such nice company. It sure was an Easter I'll never forget. :D

The first ones to try...

and here we go again...

A. got into the next round

But lil M. just had a better technique I suppose... ;)


I wasn't so bad myself, but I lost against the older finalist
The final: Little M. ruled ^^

Anyways, back to this year:
Sunday afternoon we also had  a BBQ with my grandma. Soo delish & sunny! 
This Easter was really nice, too bad my dad had to work in the mornings... other than that no complaints :)
Monday was the last day to relax in the sun. In the evening my sis and me took the train back to Essen. It was quite crowded, but we were lucky enough to get seats for the whole ride ^^

Today I had one class this morning and I'll have another one this afternoon. In between I should be running some errands.... nothing too stressful though.
Yet tomorrow will be another busy college day. Not so much looking forward to that :P

No comments:

Post a Comment