Monday, April 18, 2011

volcano part 2

...Stockholm: We arrived early in the morning. On the same day there were like only 5 planes total that arrived at the same airport. None were allowed to leave. And neither was I....
I always wanted to be in Stockholm, but not like this!!...
The airport was just empty except for all those reporters trying to get some good shots and interviews.
One as saying something to me in Swedish, which of course I wasn't able to understand. So she went on in English asking me about my thoughts about all this:
Considering I haven't slept the entire flight was super tired and stressed out, I even managed to answer her.
I think I said something like:
I was glad that I finally made it to Europe and that I was happy that no one was injurred. There are worst things than this. Well to sum it up it was a rather optimistic and positive response, with no anger or anything.

I guess I was just too tired to be frustrated or sth like that.... I don't know

What else: my cell had no reception; there was snow in the backyard (in April!); I had no swedish money and worst possible case: No possible use of my laptop as I didn't bring any adapter.Concluding no Internet and no connection to my family or anyone! Just my luck...
Mostly I was worried about everyone else being worried. Strange I felt bad for my family and friends not knowing where I was & how I was doing.

Later I bummed into that swedish guy from the plane. Just right before he was going to catch his train home. Luckily he gave me his adapter and the hotel had free wifi ^^ Made me felt so much better...

Here again I spent another 3 days and 2 nights. Usually I was waiting in line at the airport... for hours. Everyday the lines got longer and longer. I  constantlly kept on rebooking my flights, because sometimes they decided to cancel the flights just a few hours after I got booked onto it... Nice! - Not.
Finally they opened the gates on Wednesday. I was able to get on a tiny airplane landing the same night in Duesseldorf  :) My family was right there to pick me up ^^                end of story

No comments:

Post a Comment